Modern door hardware refers to the hardware used on both exterior and interior doors that is designed with a contemporary aesthetic. This can include levers, handles, deadbolts, and other hardware that is sleek, minimalist, and often made of materials such as stainless steel, brushed nickel, or oil-rubbed bronze. These types of hardware can also often include smart features, such as keyless entry and integration with home automation systems.
Exterior & Interior Door Hardware
Interior door hardware encompasses all the elements necessary to increase the protection and usefulness of doors, both inside and outside of a building.
- Locks: Deadbolts, knobs, and lever handles are among the types that bolster protection and confidentiality for both exterior and interior doors.
- Hinges: Attaching the interior door to the door frame, hinges enable the door to swing in and out with ease.
- Closers: Devices for automatically closing doors on exterior entries
- Kick plates: Scratch and ding resistance for exterior and interior door undersides
- Weatherstripping: Components affixed around a door to stop the flow of air and enhance energy efficiency
- Doorstops: Limiting mechanisms utilized to guard against doors opening excessively and causing harm to walls or fixtures
- Door viewers: Tiny spyholes that provide a glimpse of the exterior before unlocking the door.
- Pull handles: Pull-style interior door mechanisms.
All of these interior door hardware components come in various materials, styles, and finishes to complement the door and home design.
Modern Interior Door Hardware
The term "modern interior door hardware" encompasses the stylish and cutting-edge hardware for doors that are extend to the modern era.
- Sleek and minimalistic design: The design of contemporary interior door hardware is frequently characterized by its simplicity and lack of unnecessary ornamentation.
- Contemporary finishes: Modern interior door hardware is offered in various finishes including brushed nickel, matte black, and oil-rubbed bronze, which are popular in modern design.
- Smart technology: The incorporation of smart features like keyless entry, remote access, and app integration in numerous modern door hardware items provides improved control and ease.
- Hidden screws: The inclusion of covert screws in many modern interior door hardware designs creates a smooth appearance and makes cleaning easier.
- Concealed mounting: Concealed mounting is a common aspect of modern interior door hardware designs, removing the presence of visible screws, hinges, and other hardware.
Essentially, modern interior door hardware prioritizes design, technology, and ease of use, offering both practical and attractive solutions.